This is an online version of Kasia’s popular ‘Stained Glass Mosaic Flower Workshop’ which is typically a two day intensive for beginners as well as intermediate mosaic artists. Kasia has taught the live version of this class to over 200 students across the country as well as a growing community of virtual mosaic enthusiasts, 150+ online students. Everything covered in the original workshop is documented in detail in this extensive online course that the students get to access anytime.
Lots of great tips, easy to follow directions and the online contact is very helpful, encouraging and fun!!! ... it is great to see other students work and learn from their questions. HIGHLY recommend! ~ Lesa. A from Graham, NC
Watch the Class Promo Video
Experience the Mosaic Process From Start to Finish
Just like the onsite workshop, the online class is suited for all levels – a beginner as well as an advanced student will enjoy and benefit from the class. No prerequisites or drawing skills are needed to be able to successfully complete the class project. The class covers the basics of every step of the stained glass mosaic process from start to finish. It is a great choice for someone looking to develop a strong foundation in stained glass mosaics and to grow as a stained glass mosaic artist.
I have learned a wealth of information about safely cutting stained glass. ~ Jackie from New York
What Are The Benefits of Taking This Class?
- With a lifetime access to the class materials, learn in the comfort of your own home/studio while creating a beautiful stained glass mosaic flower.
- Learn how to score, break and shape stained glass with hand tools – no need to spend money on grinders and wet saws.
- You don’t need to know how to draw to create a mosaic via this Online Class as it comes with a full set of flower designs that may be used for a variety of hobby projects.
- The additional flower designs allow you to continue practicing your new skills following the completion of their first class mosaic without having to worry about the design aspect of creating a mosaic in these early stages of learning.
- The techniques covered in class can be further applied to more complex projects down the line after you build a strong foundation through practicing the lessons covered in class.
The class is so instructive and easy to understand. Close up videos are so helpful and informative...a wealth of information! ~ Patty from Texas
- You will have access to a private Kasia Mosaics Online Class Facebook Group. This is where you get to ask questions, share your progress, interact with other students who are taking the class and be inspired by their results.
- The class project makes a beautiful accent for your home or an artful gift for a special someone.
- You have the option to purchase additional project templates, kits and frames.
A Collection of Beautiful Flower Designs
Included in the class is a set of 12 flower template downloads that make great class projects – this is unique to Kasia’s class. Learning is made easier and more fun when you know you’re working on a pattern that has yielded beautiful results over and over. 250+ students have successfully created an attractive mosaic based on one of the many templates that Kasia has specifically designed for optimal learning. Every-once-in-a-while, Kasia will add new designs so students will have even more patterns to choose from!
Although I've done glass for years I learned so much from you and continue to learn new tricks! ~Carol. C, VT
Bonus Background Pattern Templates
The first set of 12 templates shown above come with a blank background. This gives the students flexibility to work with the broken glass pattern covered in the class and to eventually add their own unique patterns for the background. Additionally there is a second set of the 12 template downloads with added background patterns. For each flower I’ve added a geometric sunburst pattern around each flower design. This provides more design options as well as added learning opportunity. A tutorial with photos, text and video is included to cover this latest lesson.
Watch the short video below to get a glimpse into the creation of the above class flower. By taking this class, you will learn everything you need to work this way at home.
The Class Table of Contents
This is a full course that can be enjoyed over months of time, more like a college course rather than what one might be accustomed to from other online art classes. The class comes with 12 project templates – each one teaching new lessons in glass cutting and arranging. Students are encouraged to first follow the class in the order of the Sections and Lessons (as seen below) for best results. For example, the Templates can be easily accessed in Section2 Lecture 9 as listed below. Upon the completion of the class, specific lessons can be referred back to for refreshment. Each lesson is made up of not only videos but also supplementary written material as well as photos.
The best part of the class is not that even a beginner with no mosaic or art experience can create a full set of these beautiful mosaic flowers but that he or she will walk away with a solid foundation in stained glass mosaics. This class encourages practice of a new craft through repetitive learning. Students walk away with the knowledge and technique to take their own artwork to the next level!
How To Register For the Online Flower Class
This 5 minute video will walk you through the website and the class registration. Remember to save your Username and Password as that will be your key into the class each time you’d like to watch it. Students receive instant access to the class upon registration.
As mentioned above, you get to start watching the class right away after you buy the class. Additionally you will receive a Welcome Email as well as an invite to the Class Facebook Group Page – this part may take a couple days as Kasia processes each class order manually. Both will be emailed to the email address associated with the paypal account used to purchase the class. If you would like this info to be sent to a different address, please notify us after you register.
I hope you decide to join our class!
Welcome to our Class
Now that you have registered for the class, you are ready to start! To enter the class, remember to log into your account each time and click the newly appeared ‘Start the Course‘ button located under my photo on the upper right side of the Online Flower Class Page.
Once you enter the class, take a few minutes to click around to get familiar with the format. Look to the right at the drop down class menu which is made up of ‘Parts‘ and ‘Lectures‘. Clicking each ‘Part‘ will expand it into a series of ‘Lectures‘ which you can click on, one by one, as you learn.
I hope that you will enjoy the class, the lessons I’ve prepared for you, the designs I’ve include in the class and our interactive facebook group page. Most of all I hope that you will learn a lot, create beautiful mosaic flowers and are inspired to continue creating your own mosaics following the class!
Materials and Tools.
Before getting started please review the list of tools and materials you’ll need to complete the class project.
- access to the Kasia Mosaics Online Flower Class
- a printed template form the downloadable template section of the class
- a Kasia Mosaics framed substrate or another suitable substrate of your choice – ex. mdf or wedi board
- stained glass of your choice. For beginners I recommend: Spectrum Glass – Streaky and Wispy and/or Pearl & Crystal Opal
- a glass scoring tool – some options are: Pencil Grip, Thomas Grip, Pistol Grip or Custom Grip
- Running Pliers, Wheeled Nippers and Flathead Tile Nippers
- a black and/or sliver sharpie
- pencil and eraser
- an exacto knife, box cutter or scissors and a cutting-matt
- board paper, tracing paper and glue stick
- good quality clear packing tape
- blue painter’s tape
- adhesive: Weldbond and a craft brush for application
- a soft surface material to cut on (some popular choices are 1/8″ foam mat, homasote board, short carpet, cushion paper (I use indented kraft paper that comes with my glass order)
- grout (I use the Polyblend #60 Sanded Charcoal Grout from Home Depot)
- disposable plastic mixing container (used yogurt containers are great)
- rubber gloves
- eye protection
- dust mask
- tarp or newspaper
- hand broom and dustpan as well as broom and dustpan